Wednesday, 19 May 2010

Jesus Christ is Lord, not Ronnie James Dio

I have just heard the news of the death of Ronnie James Dio. Who was he? You may well ask. He was a "singer" with a band that performed particularly vile songs glorifying the devil. It would not be edifying to go into too many details here but suffice to say that Dio seemed obsessed with promoting evil and wickedness. He often made a "devil's horn" sign with his hands and clearly enjoyed revelling in the praise he received for doing such things.

He died the other day of cancer at 67. I don't take any perverse delight in his death, even devout Christians die from cancer - sometimes much younger. However, I wonder if he is now full of the same pride and godless arrogance he displayed so often in his satan-inspired life and "work". Time and again we hear of people who have lived blatantly sinful lives, and have made a life's work of godless behaviour, passing into eternity. My mind turns to such people as Kurt Cobain, and other "heavy metal" performers who have gone to face God; moreover, in the field of politics and public life such people as Michael Foot, Mo Mowlem and Donald Dewar - all godless people who took great delight in their blatant rebellion against God and, of course, prominent sodomites like Alexander McQueen and Stephen Gately.

All these people (and many more) are now realising that they were not in control of their destinies, they were not as powerful as they liked to think they were and that the One whose name they blasphemed has passed judgement upon them. I refer, of course, to the LORD Jesus Christ. He is the all-powerful one who can, in a moment of time, snuff out the lives of the ungodly and bring them into His presence for judgement. Psalm 2 is particularly appropriate "Why do the heathen rage ?....He who sits in Heaven shall laugh".

I can only hope that the vile people mentioned above repented of their sins and accepted Jesus as Lord and Saviour before they died - if they didn't then the flames of Hell are even now tormenting them, and will do so for all eternity.

7 comments:

  1. Seems to me that you DO take perverse delight in the death of others, Bob. And the grief of their families and loved ones is clearly of no consequence to you. (How christian is that, then?)

    Quite frankly, you should be utterly ashamed of yourself. Seriously, you are gloating over the death of another human being, you priggish, deluded moron!

    No doubt you won't, as usual, have the guts to let this appear on your blog. But at least I have the pleasure of knowing that you'll have read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post contained a number of errors and false allegations. I do not take a delight in the deaths and suffering of others, but I do take delight in a sovereign God who brings wicked people to account. You MUST repent and accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour or face eternal Hellfire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob, there is no eternal hellfire. There is no sovereign god.

    Wake up and enjoy your life. It's the only one you're going to get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Marcus

    Thank you for making comments without profanity. There were three comments from other people awaiting moderation but they contained bad swear words so I did not include them.

    When you die and face God you will know that the Bible is true but it will be too late. I urge you to repent now and accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour.

    KInd regards

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Anonymous: Thank you for increasing my reward in Heaven !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why not post my earlier comment - regarding the accuracy of your assertions about a man you know nothing about and have probably never heard of prior to his death?

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you want evidence for the facts of the Gospel then I suggest obtaining "Evidence that demands a verdict" by Josh McDowell.

    ReplyDelete